Who says you cant have dessert for breakfast (or vice versa) – especially when its this healthy!
I am not a fan of the long intimate story prior to recipes, so lets get into it!
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (if you don’t have ground you can blend the seeds in a blender or coffee grinder)
- 2.5 tbsp water
- 10 (approx.) almonds
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 pitted date
- 1-2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ a ripe banana, mashed
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (+ extra to grease pan) – I start by melting this in the bowl
- dash of salt
- 0.75 cup of rolled oats
- 0.75 cup oat milk (or other milk you prefer)
- 1/4 of a green apple, cubed
- Fruit (I love blueberries – I let frozen blueberries thaw while the dish is in the oven)
- More nuts and seeds!
- Use coconut oil to grease a medium-sized baking dish
- Mix ingredients in ‘Part 1’ in a medium sized bowl (this will be the main bowl used in the end)
- In a blender, blend all the ingredients in ‘Part 2’
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients in ‘Part 3’
- In the same bowl with the original flax/water mixture, add all parts (2-4)
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees Celsius
The beauty of this recipe is that you can change things up!
Add more of one ingredient you enjoy and less of another. Maybe replace the apple with something else (pear, berries, whatever you like)! Bake it for longer if you want it to be more crispy. Play around with it!
Per serving (recipe divided by 4): this doesn’t include any toppings
The whole recipe:
Leave a Reply